- Put all the sweet and sour ingredients (besides water & cornflour) into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. In a small cup, dissolve cornflour into water. Stir into the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes, until thickened enough. If you want it runny, add a little more of pineapple juice. Set aside when ready.
- Soak the bread cubes into the milk for 5 minutes. Squeeze the bread out of the milk and transfer into a large bowl.
- Add the garlic, parsley, flaked fish, egg, breadcrumbs, orange zest, ginger and a pinch of flour. Mix until combined and season.
- Shape the fish mixture into small balls. Arrange a plate with some flour and evenly coat each fish ball.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and when hot, add the fish balls and cook them until golden in colour. You can also arrange the fishballs on a tray, brush with oil and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through at 170°C.
- Drain on kitchen paper and transfer into a bowl. Pour some sweet and sour sauce and mix until evenly coated. Sprinkle with spring onion and sesame seeds, then serve.