1. Set up a table to lay out your salad bar.
2. Cover the table with a pretty tablecloth suitable for the occasion.
3. Place the flatware and plates at the start of the salad bar service.
4. Arrange the salad bar items on the table. Make sure to keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold. In other words have something to keep foods at the appropriate temperature.
5. Suggested salad bar ingredients:
• Mixed salad greens and toppings for the salad greens
• Grated, crumbled or cubed cheeses such as parmesan, blue cheese, cheddar and feta
• Cooked meats and poultry such as beef or chicken strips
• Smoked salmon
• Olives and sundries tomatoes
• Cut up veggies such as carrots, cucumber, red onion, broccoli florets, tomatoes, mushrooms
• Chopped nuts or seeds such as pumpkin or sesame seeds
• Grated hard boiled eggs
• Legumes such as kidney beans or chickpeas
6. Chilled salad dressings such as Ranch, French, Blue Cheese or Italian.
7. Have your guests pick up their appropriate dinnerware, flatware and napkins before moving down the salad bar to select their salad fixings.