- Choose 4 evenly sized slices of aubergine.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan with the garlic.
- Fry the aubergine slices very gently in the olive oil until really soft.
- Place the slices on some kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto onto each slice of aubergine.
- Put a slice of mozzarella cheese on to one half of each aubergine slice and fold the other half over it.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Put the four aubergine “parcels” onto a greased baking tray.
- Cook at 180 degrees C. for about 10 minutes. Serve with a chopped red onion and tomato salad and a few stoned black olives.