- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Heat a large frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the beef and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until evenly browned. Add the onion, curry powder and cumin, stir then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are softened. Stir in the chickpeas, peas and coriander, heat through and season to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the filo pastry lengthways into 12 strips, each measuring about 12 x 36cm. Make a neat pile of the strips, and loosely cover with cling film.
- Taking one strip of pastry at a time, lay it out lengthways on the work surface and brush it lightly with oil. Place about 1 heaped tbsp of the beef filling at the end nearest you. Lift up the bottom left-hand corner of the strip and fold it diagonally over the filling. Continue folding diagonally to the end of the strip, ending with a triangular parcel.
- Place the parcel on a baking sheet, brush lightly with a little of the remaining oil. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling to make 12 samoosas.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes until golden and crisp on top. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.