- Place coffee grounds into an 8L or larger stainless steel, glass, or plastic container.
- Pour about half of the water over the grounds, stir to ensure all of the coffee grounds are wet, and pour the remaining water over the top.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature overnight (or 8 hours.)
- Line a fine mesh sieve with paper towels, a tea towel, or cheesecloth and place the sieve over a large pitcher or bowl.
- Ladle the coffee and water mixture into the lined sieve and let it strain slowly.
- Pour the strained coffee into jars with tight fitting lids and refrigerate for up to a month while using it.