- Trim the end of the eggplants.
- Slice the eggplants into very thin rounds, about ⅓cm thick. (Preferably use a mandoline).
- Sprinkle some salt over the eggplant slices.
- Dredge each slice in flour (the eggplant slices should be entirely covered with flour).
- Heat oil to 190°C. If you don’t have a thermometer, the bread method works well. Check the temperature of the oil by dropping a cube of crustless white bread in the oil. It should be golden in 60 seconds.
- Fry the coated eggplant slices in batches (don’t over-crowd the frying pan) until golden brown. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Crumble the feta cheese and equally spread on top of the eggplant slices.
- Generously drizzle with honey just before serving. Enjoy!