- Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out the pith and the seeds inside of the peppers. In a bowl combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese, stir until well blended. Use a spoon to fill each pepper half with the cream cheese blend.
- Prepare seasoned flour by placing the flour into a small shallow bowl. Add salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder to the flour. Blend spices into flour.
- Place milk into a separate shallow bowl. Dip stuffed jalapeno into the milk, and then roll in the seasoned flour. Place floured pepper on a baking sheet with a rack. Let the peppers ‘dry’ for about 10 minutes.
- Pour bread crumbs into a separate bowl. Dip floured jalapeno pepper into the milk and then into the breadcrumbs. Place pepper back on the rack.
- Preheat oil to 180°C. Dip pepper into the milk and the bread crumbs for the second time.
- The breadcrumb coating needs about five minutes for its drying time.
- Deep fry peppers one or two at a time until golden brown. This will only take a minute or two. Remove from oil and drain on a baking rack.