- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Place the butternut, courgettes and peppers on one baking tray and the beetroot and onions on another, preferably two smallish ones that could fit in one shelf in the oven.
- Brush the vegetables with oil, add a few sprigs of rosemary and scatter on a few sage leaves.
- Bake for about 30 minutes and start making the peanut sauce.
- Beat all the sauce ingredients together until smooth, and pour into a small bowl, so that it can be drizzled over the vegetables with a spoon at the table.
- Sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper, and keep in warmer drawer while preparing the cheese slices. Turn oven up to grill.
- Brush cheese slices with oil and grill on both sides until just browned. Remove with a palette knife.
- Toss the vegetables and cheese together and serve on a platter.